Natural Home Arthritis Remedies For Arthritic Relief
By Marcel Sanders
It’s true. There are natural home arthritis remedies that can help prevent the spread and severity of arthritis to give you natural arthritic relief.
Some natural arthritis home remedies can strengthen the immune system and others reduce the painful inflammation that comes with arthritis.
Using natural home arthritis remedies for arthritic relief is important, since prescribed arthritic painkillers don’t strengthen the immune system, don’t offer long term safe relief and can have serious side effects.
What is Arthritis?
Arthritis may be the oldest known ailment on earth. Mummies uncovered in Egypt had it, prehistoric man had it and even dinosaurs had arthritis.
The word arthritis means joint inflammation and refers to over a hundred rheumatic diseases that cause pain, swelling and stiffness in the joints.
The two most common are osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
* What is osteoarthritis arthritis? Osteoarthritis is the most prevalent arthritis, affecting over 20 million Americans. Since it mainly affects older people, it’s considered a degenerative joint disease. Osteoarthritis usually causes joint pain and limited movement.
* What is rheumatoid arthritis? affects over 2 million people and generally begins earlier in life. It’s the most debilitating form of arthritis, affecting other body parts besides the joints. Rheumatoid arthritis causes joint swelling and may also make a person feel sick and tired.
According to the National Institutes of Health, around one out of five Americans have some form of arthritis. It’s the number one cause of disability. Arthritic joint pain, stiffness and loss of mobility can make everyday functioning at home or work very difficult.
Home Remedies for Arthritic Relief
Most people don’t realize there are natural home arthritis remedies that offer safe and effective arthritic relief from pain and stiffness. The 5-step goal of the natural home arthritis remedies below is to stop the progress of arthritis as well as to decrease arthritic pain.
1. Eat a healthy anti-inflammatory diet. Nutritional arthritis remedies begin with anti-inflammatory foods. Include more colorful fruits and vegetables, whole grains and omega 3 fish such as salmon. Cut way back on processed foods, sugar, salt, caffeine and red meat. Studies show people who eat red meat daily have twice the arthritis risk as those who rarely eat it. Also drink at least eight glasses of pure water a day.
2. Exercise regularly and moderately. Although it may be the last thing on your mind when your joints are aching, exercise is necessary for both physical and emotional well being. Walking, swimming and yoga are good ways loosen up your joints with a minimum of stress.
3. Reach and maintain your ideal weight. Appropriate weight control reduces pressure on you joints. So you can decrease pain by sticking as close to your optimum weight as possible. To put less stress on your hips and knees, maintain a healthy weight by eliminating sweets and keeping fat intake below 30% of your calories.
4. Reduce stress and improve your attitude. If you have rheumatoid arthritis, besides physical symptoms you might also experience unpleasant feelings. Attitude and stress management techniques include relaxation exercises, deep breathing, visualization techniques and meditation.
5. Include anti-inflammatory supplements. It’s impossible to get enough inflammation reducing nutrients without supplements. For example, research shows that people with aching joints are often just lacking in omega 3 oils and vitamin D. So make sure your supplements include at least 1,000 i.u.’s of vitamin D and omega 3 fish oil capsules.
You’ll find that these five simple home arthritis remedies can be highly effective for natural arthritic relief. But in order to achieve the arthritic relief you want you must use these natural arthritis remedies consistently.